This is strictly an educational webpage and not the official webpage for the Omard Church. Please refer to Facebook.com/OmardChurch for official information.
The Omard Methodist Episcopal Church is established and a building is built on land donated by Henry Shrier. John Duckworth, Sr. laid the cornerstone on May 22nd1 of this year.
The Methodist Episcopal Church, the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, and the Methodist Protestant Church merged to form The Methodist Church2.
The Omard Methodist Church undergoes a major renovation with an added vestibule, basement, and other interior modifications. John (“Johnnie”) Duckworth, Jr. re-laid the cornerstone—first laid by his father.
A wing is added to the Omard Methodist Church.
The Methodist Church and the Evangelical United Brethren Church merged to create the United Methodist Church—the denomination to which Omard currently belongs.
The Omard United Methodist Church celebrates their 75th anniversary.
The Omard United Methodist Church celebrates their 100th anniversary.
June 30th — The Omard United Methodist Church disaffiliates from the United Methodist Church and joins the Global Methodist Church denomination. The church is renamed to simply, “Omard Church”.
PastorsSee List of Pastors
- Some documents state May 29th, however, “May 22, 1896” is engraved on the actual cornerstone—so this date is used.
- From Wikipedia entry: http://bit.ly/2ztjw2S